- Join a leading global company in the Financial Services Industry.
- Permanent full-time position based in North Sydney.
- A new role | Varied Commercial Matters | Financial Markets.
AxiCorp is a leading global provider of margin and deliverable Foreign Exchange, Contracts For Difference (CFDs) and Financial Spread betting. Our major brands are AxiTrader, AxiPrime, AxiSelect and AxiForex. Our business has evolved into a world-class, multi-faceted brokerage with offices in eight regions. With heavy investment in the latest trading technology, AxiCorp seeks to offer the most comprehensive end to end trading experience available, servicing traders of all levels from beginners to institutional level clients.
Due to exponential growth, we require an in-house lawyer with financial markets experience to join our team.
About The Role
Joining a small legal team, you will be involved in a varied role working across commercial matters, trading documentation, broker, technology agreements and company secretarial matters.
- Reviewing and negotiating:
- trading documentation (FX agreements, ISDA & CSA, prime broking agreements)
- introducer and referrer agreements
- technology and outsourcing agreements.
- bespoke and ad hoc agreements.
- marketing and promotional materials.
- Identifying issues, legal risks and potential liabilities.
- Understanding, researching and applying legislative changes (such as privacy laws, new client money rules etc).
- Collating corporate information required for financial services licences and corporate registry services.
- Keeping the business abreast of regulatory changes.
- Assisting with company secretarial matters including preparing board resolutions and registration of company trading names.
What You Need
- Minimum 3 years PQE gained in-house or with a leading law firm.
- Must be able to read, analyse and apply legislation/policies/case law to the current business and its particular situation.
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal and written skills), with the ability to demonstrate strong commercial judgement.
- Acute attention to detail, high level of accuracy and good organisation skills.
- Strong financial markets experience.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Foreign exchange or equities experience.
Benefit and Culture
- We offer a competitive salary package.
- We have a diverse and inclusive global workforce.
- We offer generous employee benefits, including an Employee Referral Bonus and a Free Gym Membership!
How to Apply
Please submit your application by clicking the ‘Apply To This Position’ button. We encourage you to submit your application today.
We will be actively shortlisting applications as they are received.